Our goal is to make your life at Oaks more pleasant than anywhere else. We plan basic services to be in place by the time our first residents move in. Among them will be a kindergarten, grocery store, post office with a Czech POINT, restaurant and café, bakery, shuttle transportation to the Chodov metro station, 24/7 concierge and security services. We will gradually introduce regular farmers’ markets, shared vehicle options and a children’s club with several playgrounds.
The Chateau facility will house the Oaks Country Club. In addition to the golf and wellness centre, the complex will include Oaks Boutique Hotel, a restaurant, wine bar and conference centre. Country Club members may also enjoy access to professional tennis courts, a riding centre, and our PGA National golf course. Naturally, we will also maintain a network of trails, including educational trails and a forest exercise park.
The Nebřenice Chateau will undergo complete reconstruction according to a design by leading British architect John Pawson. Pawson is well known for his minimalism and sensitivity toward local historic and cultural heritage. In the Czech Republic in 2004, he completed a project for a new Cistercian monastery in Nový Dvůr u Plzně. The building received an International Prize for Sacral Architecture (Fondazione Frate Sole Premio Internazionale di Architettura Sacra).
The restored chateau with newly built wings will house the Oaks Boutique Hotel, Wellness & Spa, as well as a gourmet restaurant, wine bar, conference and golf centers.
The earliest surviving records mentioning Nebřenice date to 1437 and beginning in 1616 a large farm was built nearby the village. As part of the Průhonice estate, Nebřenice had many owners until 1848, when the village was separated from that estate and bought by Baron Joseph Hilbert von Schüttelsberg. He built a chateau surrounded by the stables and buildings of the original farm. Over time, the landscape surrounding the chateau became gradually transformed into a natural English-style park with ponds and a fallow deer reserve.
In 1910 the chateau was bought by Dr. Antonín Novák whose family owned it until 1950, when it was nationalized – forcefully confiscated by the Communist Party. The chateau then served as a training and recreation center, undergoing a number of insensitive constructions and gradually falling into disrepair, while its surrounding fields were managed by a Communist cooperative farm. Following the Velvet Revolution, restitution and subsequent sales, after nearly 70 years we finally have the opportunity to give back its original beauty and dignity to the chateau.
The Oaks Boutique Hotel will provide its guests with thirty stylishly appointed rooms, all with views of the surrounding landscape or golf course.
Oaks Wellness & Spa will reside in a newly constructed building connected to the chateau. The form, disposition and functionality of the building follows extensive consulting with international experts and operators of prestigious world-renowned spa and fitness facilities.
The southern wing of the chateau complex will feature a gourmet restaurant with international cuisine, sixty seats and a terrace for grilling. This restaurant is also intended to serve hotel guests and will be open throughout the day.
One of the newly reconstructed wings of the chateau will also host a modern conference facility for up to 150 attendees.
A key element of the chateau complex features a golf club with reception and facilities for golfers, a specialized shop and a day-bar for light refreshment.
The golf club will boast a well-stocked wine bar with selections offered from around the world.